STAG'S LEAP WINE CELLARS Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley 'Cask 23' 2015

Cask 23 is a combination of specific blocks and fruit selections from the FAY and SLV vineyards. In 2015 winemaker Marcus Notaro decided to craft the wine with fruit predominantly from SLV, about 60%, and the remaining 40% from FAY. The result is a simply fantastic wine which begins with inviting aromatics of blackcurrants, dark cherries, coco powder, lavender and spices all taking shape in the glass. On the palate this is full-bodied and concentrated, with a voluptuous mouthfeel that is backed by soft, polished tannins, which expand seamlessly on to the long, supple finish. Overall, this is a fantastic wine which is simply delicious and totally inviting now, yet should also age gracefully for years to come.
94 $295 2019-2036

United States California Napa Valley, Stags Leap District

J. D'Angelo May, 2018  

Find More: Napa Valley 2015 | Cabernet Sauvignon + Red Wine

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.