DONNAFUGATA 'Mille e una Notte' 2006

The 2006 is an absolutely fantastic showing, and possibly the the best 'Mille e una Notte’ I have tasted from the estate to date. This gorgeous red is composed of 90% Nero d’Avola and the remaining 10% consists of the best selections of the estates other varietals. It bursts open with fresh aromas of blackberries, black currant bud, graphite, spices, pain grille and a touch of leather. The full body is well polished, firmly structured and nicely balanced with underlying acidity that also provides momentum as it heads into the long finish. Today, this age-worthy red needs extended air before it really begins to show its true character, however allowing this additional time in bottle will ultimately be the best decision. (Best 2016-2028) - October, 2014 - (JD)

Wine Specifications

Report Date: October, 2014 
Drinking Window: 2016-2028 
Estimated Value: $89
Vintage: 2006
Producer: Donnafugata
Country: Italy 
Region: Sicily 
Appellation: Contessa Entellina
Importer: Folio Fine Wines


Cookies make it easier for us to provide you with our services. With the usage of our services you permit us to use cookies.